09 January 2010

Things not to say to retail employees during the holidays, part 2

Please do not cheerfully call a retail establishment to ask, since you've heard it's going out of business, if there are any final sales.  And if you are a rude enough vulture as to do so, please do not accuse the employee of lying when she tells you that she hasn't been told anything about going out of business and that there are thus no going-out-of-business sales.

Again, I know that if you are reading this blog, you would never do this, but someone did, and it made me sad.  If you know this person or others of her ilk, shun them, please. 

:)

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I must confess: I was rather pleased to get a copy of Pratchett's Unseen Academicals for half-off at a Borders Express that was going out of business. But I was nice to the employees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as there were no hints of glee at their demise, I'm fine with that. :)

    ReplyDelete