23 October 2009

The weather outside is frightful

Today, it snowed that huge, gloppy, fake-looking styrofoam-snow-globe snow.  It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . .  Even if it's before Halloween. 

When I was walking to my car after work, the snow splutted onto my hood and coat with the exact same noise spit makes when someone spits on you.  (Yes, I speak from personal experience.)  I wonder if there'll be a blizzard on Halloween this year. 

My latest energy bill said it was 8 degrees colder this past month than it usually is.


So, how's your weather?  Outlandishly cold/warm?  Surprising?  Normal?

2 comments:

  1. We've had 3 weeks of more or less cloudy/rainy weather, with sun on the Sundays (very clever of it) and otherwise only half an hour of sunshine here and there. I would look at the hourly weather forecast on an overcast day, note that no rain was predicted for another three hours, and headed out for a walk with the baby only to spend it in a light drizzle.

    The moon looked like an apple slice tonight, and I thought of you.

    ReplyDelete