20 October 2009

Sweater Migration '09

Just finished the annual process of sweater migration.  It may seem a bit early to you, but I wish I'd been able to do it two weeks ago.  All my layers are resettled, heavier ones to the bottom of the cabinets where I can reach them more easily.  The thermometer will probably only go downhill from here. 

It rained today again, the dark, drizzly, low-slung-clouds-sulking rain, and it bothered me for a bit until I saw the leaves on the sidewalk and remembered that rain and cold October days are how leaf shadows are born.  I do love leaf shadows.  I'm willing to put up with a little rain for their sakes.


What do you love about early autumn?

2 comments:

  1. Leaf-shadows? the marks on the sidewalks? I think I call them leaf-prints.

    I've done sweater migration for the baby, but I'm kind of dreading doing it for myself, since I'll have to face up to the fact that I can't wear much of my clothing at this point.

    Saw some lovely ornamental grasses along I-90 on the way to Rochester yesterday, with full, plumy seedheads, though the foliage wasn't much to speak of. Mostly I find autumn depressing because it means winter is coming :-(

    ReplyDelete