13 July 2010

This week in giddiness

Things that are nice at work:
  • Parking ramp right next to my building: do you know how lovely it is to go to your car after work in the summer and get in and not be baked?
  • Hot chocolate: I may have mentioned this a few dozen times.  Free hot chocolate (the good kind).
  • A cube in a nicely laid out place where I can see natural light above my cube even though I am not near a window.
  • Nice co-workers who do not mind me being neurotic.
  • Competent, kind bosses who tell me that they hired me fully knowing I had no experience and are thus not waiting to smite me when I display my lack of experience, who tell me that they hired me because I had the skills and they believe I will be great, who say things like, "We go over this at least three times a year, so there are no surprises at performance review time.  Nobody likes to have something negative just dumped on them in a performance review."
  • Trees: our campus is so full of trees that even when you are walking in an enclosed tunnel, you look out and see birds and dragonflies and trees and clouds and the sky and stuff while you are not baking.
  • Going there does not make me miserable (confused, yes, but we'll take that over miserable any day).

No comments:

Post a Comment