05 July 2010

A productive weekend by the numbers

I had a nice holiday weekend.  I really like the sound of that.  I got paid for not being at work.  It's kind of novel, and I plan to enjoy how much laundry I was able to 1) get done and 2) afford to do.  It's the simple things in life.

Also this weekend:
  • 0 mosquito bites
  • 1 dead computer resurrected but broken in the process
  • 1 afternoon in a pool floating around doing absolutely nothing (okay, maybe talking a bit of literature, but that was it)
  • 1 ouchie on my elbow from the edge of the pool (which = 0 short sleeved shirts for the next couple of weeks, somehow)
  • 1 eagle spotted from the car
  • 1 reorganized house plan
  • 1 blue screen of death
  • 1 baby who did not get sick after being around me
  • 1 good friend who just moved to the area to kibbitz with
  • 2 new charities I can afford to give to so far
  • 2 lovely, sprawling gardens to rest in
  • 2 kind families who invited me over for a day even though they don't know me from Adam
  • 3 discs of MacGyver season one playing in the background while I worked on my budget and tried to catch up on weeks of dead computer email
  • 3 essay ideas I'm drafting
  • 4 episodes of Chuck playing in the background while I cleaned and organized things
  • 5 more clearance items on ridiculous sale, hopefully fulfilling my shopping quotient for the next couple of years
  • 5 hours driving in the car
  • 6 ancient pairs of shoes I will give to charity because I can't wear them with my smashed foot ('04)
  • 7 pairs of shoes that died years ago (some back in the early 90s) that I hung onto for sentimental reasons despite the holes and my inability to wear them because of my smashed foot 
  • 8 books read (all manga)
  • X loads of laundry (I should go get that last one out before I forget)
  • (approximately) 25 times I almost drove off the road due to gawking at the landscape
  • 1 partridge in a pear tree (not really)
Ahhhhh, refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment