09 February 2010

When I don't sleep

When I don't sleep, I hurt more.  I'm not talking about how, without rest, the body can't repair itself, etc.  I'm talking about how the physical act of not resting, of not ceasing motion, can lead to actual injury and discomfort. 
  • I do bad things to my neck. 
  • My right shoulder separates (an older injury).
  • I wrench the muscles over my ribs.
  • Etc. :(
Along with not sleeping, I seem to beat myself up in some irritatingly unconscious (while I'm conscious) bout of self-flagellation.  And I am just too tired to get up and turn on a light and read, even though I know it's what I should do, and there are so many books I want to read right here in my room.  Whine, whine, winge winge, whine.

Sigh.  I'd say I feel better now, but it's been over a week since I even got my "normal" amount of sleep (2-4 hours). 
Don't worry: MacGyver's still keeping me company as I write and research jobs and clean and hurt.  Hair's much better this season.  He just got betrayed by another girl.  You'd think he'd learn.  Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Plan ahead, friend: glasses, book, booklight, and bottle of water in arm's reach, so you don't have to get up.

    On a related note, I've really grown to hate the hours between 2 and 4 am, at least when there are diapers and bottles involved. In college I pretty much always stayed up till 2, and 4 was a "late night." What was I thinking? I feel so old...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is also genius. I just have to find a space somewhere, so I don't break things while blundering about in the dark in my 385 square feet of glory. :)

    So, since I was always in bed by 10 in college, this just confirms that I've been a young fogy for a couple of decades by now, right? I feel old, too . . .

    ReplyDelete