25 February 2010

Sparrow tree

On my way home, sometimes I pass this tree that looks like one of those round sparkly fireworks that explode with long streamers in all directions. 

It looks like a candied apple on a stick with chopped peanuts, although the peanuts are actually adrenalin junkie sparrows who gather there and wait for my car to pass so they can explode into planned random motion in a mad dash to reach some previously agreed on point on the other side of the street that always requires them to fly directly in front of my car. 

It's a good wake-up call if I am feeling tired, let me tell you . . .

2 comments:

  1. Does it flower in the spring? It looks like it might... If we move to MN and get our own place one of these days, I'm going to have to figure out how to garden in the colder climate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember if it flowers. I know there are leaves eventually, but spring doesn't really happen here . . . I may have blinked and missed it last year. :)

    ReplyDelete