05 February 2010

MacGyver and Government Work

I finally finished up my application for the one government job I qualify for (no typing WPM requirement).  Sigh.  At least I did so to a great soundtrack: MacGyver, season two.  MacGyver used to work for the government.  See?  It's connected.
Really, I'd already answered all the questions and just had to fill in the blanks online.

When I borrowed MacGyver from my parents, my sister warned me that it wasn't as good as I remembered it.  I told her I wasn't going to give it 100% of my attention, anyway.  If I had my back to it, I figured I wouldn't have to see the mullet as much. 

I did enjoy listening to it.  I got laughs from some clunky dialogue and funny lines, and I enjoyed the let's-use-a-fire-extinguisher-(or paper clip or pen or pocket lint, etc.)-to-stop-or-fix whatever.

Did you watch MacGyver when it was on TV?  What did you think of it then?  Have you seen it more recently?  What do you think of it now?

2 comments:

  1. I didn't encounter it until a year or two ago when Paul decided my ignorance should be remedied. Pretty special...

    [The secret word is "sucog"!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know what state MacGyver is from! Is there an even bigger fanbase in his home state? Sounds like it, since the show must have been before Paul's time . . .

    ReplyDelete