16 December 2009

How to keep your Christmas tree ornaments in one piece

When my parents came to visit in May, they thought it amusing that I still had my Christmas tree up.  I really meant to take it down; I just never quite got around to actually doing so.  It's still up.  Decorating for Christmas this year was a snap.





To defend my decision to leave it up year round from this time forth, I would like to point out that leaving your tree up year round when you are a calm, quiet person who lives alone is a great way to make sure your ornaments don't get damaged.  Dusty, maybe, but at least no favorite sparkly bit gets crushed in the packing and unpacking rituals.  You can also be sure the tree is exactly the way you want it (and exactly the way you remember it from last year).  So there.  :)

I will have to redo it this year, unfortunately, because the uber-cheap lights I bought ate batteries like they were going out of production and then just stopped working altogether.  I also have some nice tiny turquoise ornaments to add this year.  See?  I'm not totally lazy.






How do you decorate for the Christmas season?  And how early is too early for outside displays, in your opinion?

4 comments:

  1. We have a non-artifical tree. I don't think we should leave it up all year, even if the ornaments are safer that way.

    I don't mind seeing (tasteful) outdoor displays the day after Thanksgiving, but please spare me the inflatables...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, I did fail to mention the non-real nature of my tree. :) It would be a hassle to keep stabbing yourself on increasingly sharp and dry pine needles all the time. Do you know what kind of tree you got?

    Yeah. Inflatables. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete