10 November 2009

Still sick

Being sick is unpleasant.  I always forget how awful my stomach feels when I get some sort of virus that involves a lot of coughing.  I'm sure it's a great workout for my abs, which is good because I don't foresee a lot of other exercise in my future, at least not until I can stop coughing every five seconds and breathing like Darth Vader . . .

I've always wondered at the contradiction: carbonated beverages are supposed to settle your stomach when you're ill.  Why is that?

2 comments:

  1. My mom always gave us ginger ale and said that the ginger was what was supposed to settle the stomach, and she'd make us stir it until it was flat. But I'm not convinced there's enough actual ginger in ginger ale to do any good.

    Jamaican ginger beer is much more potent :-D

    (Yogi tea makes a lemon ginger tea that Paul likes, too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do well with ginger. Especially in tea. It's pretty funny to watch, actually, I'm told. :) Although ginger and fruit teas tend to work better with enough honey in them. Maybe I'll check that kind out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete