19 April 2010

Just to let you know I'm still alive

Well, that was a bit of a blog break.  I had some last minute job applications that suddenly came my way and needed to be completed, and the only thing I could steal time from was blogging.  I apologize.

So, I'll be honest: acupuncture hurts.  Those people who tell you it doesn't are lying or perhaps experiencing more nerve problems than I am.  Or maybe they mean "It's nothing to cry over" when they say "It doesn't hurt at all." 

It's not constant pain or anything.  It's normal for it to hurt for less than 30 seconds, which was true for me except in the very worst places that are so sore from hurting for so long that I don't think they can transmit any response but pain.  Hoping that will change.

The acupuncture lady said quite seriously that I was kind of a mess, which I found endearing.  She also said, "For what you've been through, you seem remarkably . . . sane."  (I especially liked the ellipsis, which you could actually hear. :)

What sanity I still possess is thanks to God, my family, and you.  So thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Did it help? Are you going to keep going??

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... did it help? The idea of acupuncture confuses me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly did something, namely, make my arm very angry and riled up. Also my gums, which totally baffled the practitioner.

    I'm going to probably give it six weeks. My research shows that when people have been having trouble as long as I have, it can take 7-10 visits to see if it will turn things around.

    I might post a little bit more about it later.

    ReplyDelete